Probably bored you with this story but here it goes.
When you start hitting the big numbers there becomes more to life than staring into computer screens for 8 hours and driving metal boxes burning up precious resources.
One day when I went climbing the gym people looked me up and I was there 1100 time!!! Am I a winner or loser? LOSER. When I die will they say "Mike is a great guy, he went to the climbing gym 1100 times".
So I went home and wrote down 10 goals for myself. One of them was to go to SE Asia and get my Save The Children sponsor kid into college. I also read some new age books and wanted to look for the inner child and talk to old wrinkly holy people and see what they say.
So I told work I was taking off for a while and if there is a job when I get back great, otherwise I'll wing it.
More inspiration:
1) Watched "Into the Wild" Great movie about finding inner freedom...but at a cost
2) Sue Cram - Walked away from her job after trip to Nepal and lived in her car for 3 years
3) Gene Leonard - My mentor - Closest thing to Dali Lamma I'd ever know
4) Joe Mueller - "Be true to yourself"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
1100 is only a number if you bother to look it up. Those hours at the gym were valuable time with friends, dude! Have a great trip!
Post a Comment