So I had this image of starving naked kids strewn about packed in
like sardines chewing on tree stumps for food.
Nothing further from the truth. I found this great Buddhist orphange
run by Buddhist nuns. I spoke with some volunteer workers and the
place is super well run by the nuns. The kids have 120 brother and sisters
to play with 24x7, the nuns are like having 10 moms that are warm and
loving, lots of volunteers, etc. Many kids that are 18 years old hate to leave,
they come back and work for free!
So I have to admit I totally failed in my attempt to load them on a bus
and take them swimming. The head nun said they are too busy with
school and studying that it wouldn't work out. So I just donated 1/3'd
of the money from all you guys to the orphange. Seems like the money
is being well spent from my observations. I will try and find
more orphanges in India and Bangladesh to do the bus thing. SORRY!
I'm a total failure.
dreez
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment