Monday, January 7, 2008

Where is my inner child?

I've never done this blog thing before because I figure who the heck has the time or even cares about the minutia of my life, but everyone is telling me to do it so I'm doing this for you all. Should be fun.

If you ever want to quit your job and go off into the unknown by yourself and find your inner child, definitely go see the move "Into The Wild". Talk about ultimate freedom baby, its out there....but at a price.

I saw movie and it finalized my decision to walk off into the wild for a while and see what I find. I'm heading off the SE Asia trekking, biking, hunting down new age holy people, going to orphanages and taking kids on bus rides, climbing, visiting my sponsor kids in Bangladesh
and seeing if I can get one of them into college...and not sure what else. Basically just getting off the plane and winging it.

This is the plan:

Saigon - Orphanages, Viet Cong tunnels, biking, beaches- Jan 11
Bangladesh - Sponsor kids Shilpi and Salma, try and get Shilpi into college - Jan 22
India - Ophanages, Human Rights lady, biking, climbing with Sunny - Jan 30
Thailand with Laura - Biking, beaches - Feb 14
Nepal with Laura - Biking and Trekking in Lang Tang National Park - Feb 22nd
Home - maybe March 1st
Joshua Tree - Climbing w/ Josh, Joe and Arah -- March 6th

I'll try and update this as I go but I'm telling you its going to be pretty boring.

Anyways everyone is asking me if I'm going off the deep end and I'm really not. As in the movie "Happiness is best shared" and I have a lot of happiness in my life and I intend to share it when I get back. However, if some Nepal Maoist guerilla decides that skinny white blind bald guys stand in between him and his final destiny.... just wanted to say that I tried to shower the people i love with love (someone should write a song about that), and i hope you were in the shower with me.

Enough touchy feely crap, I'm outta here for now.

dreezman
edreez "at" hotmail dot com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I forget- when are we selling all of Dreez's gear and having the party with the proceeds?

Pietro Rago said...

You are a big man Mike ;-)